Sonar Glasses – Mobility aid for the blind and visually impaired
SONAR GLASSES are designed to increase mobility independence for blind and visually impaired people. They complement the white cane or guide dog by:
• providing information about the location of nearby objects above waist level
• alerting you to potential hazards
• helping to guide your path through streets, parking lots, shopping malls, subways, yards, and tight spaces in your home
SONAR GLASSES technology is based on echolocation, similar to the way bats navigate in the dark. The glasses emit sound waves and measure the time to receive sound reflected by nearby objects. When an object is detected, you are alerted by a subtle vibration in the temple of the glasses.
SONAR GLASSES are:
• available with clear, dark, photosensitive, tinted, or prescription lenses
• built to order, which means that we can accommodate your unique, individual needs and customize the size and color of the lenses, the size of the frame, and the shape of the temples for customers with hearing aids
• a LOW VISION AID for customers with macular degeneration, and we can add prescription lenses, bifocal lenses, or magnifying lenses
The SONAR GLASSES kit costs $375 and includes:
• Clear or Dark lenses with 100% UV Protection
• Ability to change the detection range
• 2 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
• 1 battery charger
• 1 pair of ear locks
• 1 carrying case
• 1 head strap
• 1 cleaning cloth
SONAR GLASSES Audio Description
To listen to Sonar Glasses audio description, please click here: AUDIO.
SONAR GLASSES Options
The SONAR GLASSES can be fitted with prescription corrective lenses to provide a comprehensive mobility solution, supporting our customers’ specific vision requirements.
Photosensitive lenses are clear indoors and become progressively darker when exposed to sunlight. This feature enables the use of SONAR GLASSES both during the day and night without impeding visibility.
Tinted lenses can help reduce glare, improve contrast, enhance depth perception, and reduce eye fatigue in different environments. Available tints include: Gray, Gray-Green, Amber, Yellow, Blue, and Plum. Polarized and Mirrored lenses are also available.
SONAR GLASSES are made in the USA and are backed with a 1 year warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
SONAR GLASSES Instruction Manual
To download the accessible version of the Sonar Glasses Instruction Manual, please click here: MANUAL
SONAR GLASSES Accessories
Click here for accessories: carrying case, rechargeable battery, battery charger, ear locks, head strap, cleaning cloth
For more information,
or to place an order, please contact:
571-297-4756, ex. 1010